Parishioners of Our Lady of the Cedars of Lebanon Maronite Catholic Church celebrated the 125th anniversary of the parish on Dec. 9 with a Mass presided over by Bishop Gregory Mansour. Current pastor Msgr. Georges El-Khalli and retired pastor Msgr. Joseph F. Lahoud were among priests attending. The Maronite Church began in 1893 in the South End of Boston and relocated to the Moss Hill section of Jamaica Plain in the mid 1960s. The new church was completed in 1975. This past spring, the parish hall, named after Cardinal Cushing in appreciation for his efforts to rebuild the parish by providing the land and funding was reopened after a yearlong renovation. A luncheon followed the Mass in the hall.
Gazette Photos by Patrick O’Connor