JP Comics & Games co-owner Paul Bryant gave the Gazette his recommendations for titles appropriate for comic readers aged 6 to 9.
“These are good for kids in general. They feature girls and boys,” he said. “They’re all a lot of fun. Kids’ titles tend to have full adventures per issue” instead of spreading one adventure over many issues like adult titles.
- “Superdinosaur”: Two scientists, along with their children and cybernetic dinosaur minions, battle for control of Earth.
- “Bodie Troll”: A grumpy little troll aspires to be big and scary, but comes off looking adorable every time.
- “Mouse Guard”: mouse soldiers who help common mice navigate the dangers of the world.
- “Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes”: A classic Marvel title featuring a group of superheroes who keep Earth safe from many dangers.
- “Superman Family Adventures”: Superman, friends and foes get reinterpreted for a family audience.